Savage Bench: the bench in the Savage range was also inspired by the Zig-zag chair by Gerrit Rietveld in 1934. It uses a metal cantilever, to create the design illusion of the floating top. This can even disappear from some angles. The bench can be used to compliment the table or in several settings by itself.
Look out for: the neat, Z-shaped outline gives a clean line on this design. As with all cantilever designed furniture, the bench offers a comforting movement when you sit on it.
Connor says: I was really pleased that we were able to create this design in both table and bench with the stability required while maintaining the suspended appearance of the top.
We will automatically apply a 5% discount at check out to a table and bench combination bought on one order.
Design details and features:
- Pictured finish: Natural oak, raw steel, plank (smooth), 6ft
- Bench top is 35 cms wide and 3 cms thick*
- Height to top 47 cms*
- Height to underside 44 cms*
- All benches are sized to fit within the footprint of the table when not in use
- The leading edges of the bench top (top and bottom) have a small bevelled edge
- All metal feet come with floor protecting foam pads
- Bench top and leg components are sanded for the ideal level of absorption of Rubio Monocoat 0% VOC oil
- Weathered finishes are created on the top surfaces only – legs and component parts are smooth finished.
- Minimal care is required to maintain the appearance of your Fordius furniture and ensure its longevity. Please refer to our care and maintenance page.
*Allow 0.25 cms tolerance for all sizing
Please note that due to the natural characteristics of wood, there will be variations in the finish, the colour interaction and the grain.