Savage Table: The use of the materials in this piece makes the substantial table top appear weightless, as though floating on the angled oak leg. The technical and visual effects of this design make it unique.
Inspired by the Zig-zag chair designed by Gerrit Rietveld in 1934, Connor aimed to create a statement piece with a cantilever structure. He also wanted to bring in a contrasting combination of wood and steel across the table and bench designs.
Look out for: the sharp and powerful angles that undeniably make a statement in your home setting while being able to almost disappear. This design would also be well suited to a desk setting.
Connor says: The Zig-zag chair really stood out for me as a design feat and something I wanted to pay tribute to in one of my own designs. I think the Savage range pays respect to this concept, while holding its own as an individual, modern style.
We will automatically apply a 5% discount at check out to a table and bench combination bought on one order.
Design details and features
- Pictured finish: Natural oak, raw steel, plank (smooth), 6ft
- Table top is 1 metre wide and 4.5 cms thick*
- Height to top 78 cms*
- Height to underside 73.5 cms*
- All benches are sized to fit within the footprint of the table when not in use
- The leading edges of the table top (top and bottom) have a small bevelled edge
- The table features book-matched 8 cm legs
- All metal feet come with floor protecting foam pads
- Table top and leg components are sanded for the ideal level of absorption of Rubio Monocoat 0% VOC oil
- Weathered finishes are created on the top surfaces only – legs and component parts are smooth finished.
Minimal care is required to maintain the appearance of your Fordius furniture and ensure its longevity. Please refer to our care and maintenance page
*Allow 0.25 cms tolerance for all sizing
Please note that due to the natural characteristics of wood, there will be variations in the finish, the colour interaction and the grain.